May 9th, 2013 Podcast: Nerve pain while running, natural remedies for rosacea, how to lose fat as fast as possible, how to get rid of adrenal fatigue, how to get rid of a peroneus injury, and how to absorb more protein from a protein shake.
Have a podcast question for Ben? Click the tab on the right side of this page, call 1-877-209-9439, Skype “pacificfit” or (if you hate the sound of your own voice) scroll down to the “Ask Ben” form.
Please don’t forget to give the podcast a comment/ranking in iTunes - it only takes a minute and you could WIN A PRIZE!
- Amazing that all it takes is a simple post meal walk to stabilize blood glucose levels.
- People who complain about the trace amounts of fructose in the TianChi herbs I recommend should read this study.
- To maintain optimize cognitive performance on the job, either fast & refrain from working out or workout and have breakfast.
If you’re looking for a topic we covered in the past – we have released the Ben Greenfield Fitness Top Hits, Vol. 1. Including:
1. The Benefits of Fish vs. Fish Oil
2. The Best Ways to Stop Hair Loss
3. Increase Your Hematocrit & Oxygen Levels
4. Strengthen Your Immune System & Shorten the Duration of a Cold
5. Top 10 Ways to Boost Libido
6. Get Rid of Migraines Naturally
7. Become a Curvaceous, Lean, Ripped Female Athlete Without Destroying Your Health
8. Stop Side Stitches as Fast as Possible
9. Is It Possible for a Vegan to Be a Healthy Endurance Athlete
10. How Much Water Do You Really Need to Drink Each Day
Sex and Libido and Hormone LIVE Spreecast - Tune in here on Tuesday, May 14th @ 6:30PDT.
2013 Thailand Triathlon Adventure with Ben Greenfield - details at pacificfit.net.
Essentials of Triathlon Workshop with Ben Greenfield - Saturday, May 18, 2013 in Fairfield, Connecticut. In this private clinic you’ll discover everything you need to know about how to maximize your triathlon success, including Ben’s top secrets, tips and tricks to save time, get the most bang-for-your-training buck, and ensure your body, health and hormones are optimized for endurance. Location: Fairfield, Connecticut.
– Hour 1: Essentials of Triathlon Fueling + Nutrition Q&A
– Hour 2: Essentials of Triathlon Training + Workout Q&A
Registration: May 1-17: $50, At-Door Registration: $60. Reserve your spot now. Space is limited!
A brand new Ben Greenfield Fitness app - is coming out SOON… get yourself (and your smartphone) ready!
As compiled, edited and sometimes read by Brock, the Ben Greenfield Fitness Podcast “sidekick”.
“Noodle Leg” Ashley asks @ 00:23:44
She ran a marathon last spring and ever since, when she goes for a run longer than 2 miles, she loses muscle strength in her right upper thigh and has trouble bringing it around. Any idea what that could be?
~ In my response, I refer to episode #235.
Paul says @ 00:30:59
He is looking for suggestions on how to help with the condition Rosacea.
Thomas asks @ 00:38:41
He has lost 25lbs and 7.5 inches around his waist eating paleo, doing sprints, and lifting heavy. He has 15 more pounds to lose and he has about 6 more weeks until he is back home, seeing friends and family (and wearing a swim suit). Is there anything that is safe in the short term to lose that last bit of fat quickly? He doesn’t want to hurt his long term health.
~ In my response to Thomas I mention the www.coolfatburner.com vest, fasted cold thermogenesis or fasted fat burning sessions in the morning, MPX100 Bitter Melon Extract, sauna/detox, alternating HIIT and strength in afternoons, and 1 full recovery day (perhaps with bikram yoga to shed water weight).
Gary asks @ 00:50:19
He hasn’t been able to run the way he wants because his muscles are very tight, he is very stiff, he is very low in adrenaline and high in norepinephrine and dopamine.
Marie-Claire says @ 01:03:32
After an awesome triathlon season last year, her husband Gerry had a peroneus brevis and peroneus longus injury and is looking for some nutrition and supplement advice to get him back on track quickly. She has been giving him deep massage, he eats nearly paleo, and is getting ART and EMS.
~ In my response, I mention a soft ankle brace.
CT asks @ 01:09:35
He likes to throw berries into his whey protein (from Jarrow) smoothie in the mornings and is wondering if that hurts the impact or absorption of the protein into the system.
And don’t forget to go to BenGreenfieldFitness.com/love!
Podcast music from 80s Fitness (Reso Remix) by KOAN Sound. Buy this track now!