Dean Dwyer

On my way back from Vietnam and a recent finish in the Laguna Lang Co Triathlon (a must-visit race for any triathlon travelers out there), I’m bringing you this special podcast episode with Dean Dwyer.

Who is Dean Dwyer?

Dean is the author of the book, blog and the podcast all of the same name: “Make Shift Happen”. A former educator, he now spends his time teaching others how they can make shift happen in their own lives to change how they look, work and live.

During this episode, I ask Dean:

-What’s your background and how did you come to do what you do now?

-What does it mean to Make Shift Happen?

-When someone finds themselves in a performance or weight loss “rut”, what kind of mental techniques can they use to get progress again?

-Can you share a few of the epic shifts in your book with us?

Be sure to check out Dean Dwyer’s Amazon Page and also Dean’s website, and leave your questions, comments and feedback below!

17 Responses to “How To “Make Shift Happen” In Your Life – A Special Podcast Episode With Dean Dwyer”

1. carmine says:

Is there a link to the interview and im just not seeing it or is it not attached?

2. Trey says:

I don't see the audio player link for the podcast?

3. Pam says:

Great interview. As I type, I'm listening to the interview of you on Dean's website, which is also super and inspirational. http://www.deandwyer.com/ben-greenfield-on-being-

Here's a wacky question … I know your family has dogs. So, who does the bulk of taking care of them? My dogs take up a lot of my time … It seems I could never roll out of bed for an immediate half hour of meditation and yoga, for example!

4. David says:

Sorry, but for a lot of talking I feel the guy didnt have much to actually say!! Felt you did a good job of trying to extract some good answers from him Ben, god knows what he would have banged on about left to his own devices!!

For a promising subject, this was pretty shift.

Congrats on the triathlon Ben, awesome result you must be very happy. Was it hot/humid??

David

5. I enjoyed this interview.

From personal experience I do agree with Dean that while there are any number of effective methods to achieve health, fitness and weight loss, it is important to find the ones that work best for you as an individual.

By the way Dean, it looks as if you're still working out! :-)

6. Matt says:

After listening to your interview on Dean’s site, I think a huge revenue stream for you in the future will be online business consultant. Two good interviews, you should charge for the gem on Dean’s.

7. I just downloaded your food pyramid and it looks good in general, but why are you under the impression that regular yogurt is a grain or legume?

Typo or am I missing something about why it was categorised thus?

8. Olliehay says:

I really enjoyed this too. Thank you for it! I felt something inside go "click" when he was talking about becoming an expert on yourself. We all know we should be consistent, but your discussion of 3 shifts hit home with me.

I was also interested to hear your idea of a workout on a little post-it note, ride your bike there and back, nothing complicated.

Dean, thank you. I'm subscribing to your podcasts today. I like your style.

Ben, thank you for these interviews! You forgot to talk about poop. ;)

9. Branden says:

You are my inspiration , I have few blogs and occasionally run out from to post .

10. Craig Bilderback says:

Ben, I really enjoyed the interview and just finished reading "Make Shift Happen". What is your opinion of the Paleo diet? In the interview you indicate that you are not an advocate for it.