Have a podcast question for Ben? Click the tab on the right side of this page, call 1-877-209-9439, Skype “pacificfit” or (if you hate the sound of your own voice) scroll down to the “Ask Ben” form. Please don’t forget to give the podcast a comment/ranking in iTunes – it only takes a minute and it helps grow our healthy and fit community!
- Another good reason NOT to static stretch before your workout.
- If you have the choice to run in sand vs. running in grass, sand is better for getting fitter.
- Of note to those concerned about low carb diets/glycogen stores, protein does indeed replace glycogen stores.
If you’re looking for a topic we covered in the past – we have released the Ben Greenfield Fitness Top Hits, Vol. 1. Including:
1. The Benefits of Fish vs. Fish Oil
2. The Best Ways to Stop Hair Loss
3. Increase Your Hematocrit & Oxygen Levels
4. Strengthen Your Immune System & Shorten the Duration of a Cold
5. Top 10 Ways to Boost Libido
6. Get Rid of Migraines Naturally
7. Become a Curvaceous, Lean, Ripped Female Athlete Without Destroying Your Health
8. Stop Side Stitches as Fast as Possible
9. Is It Possible for a Vegan to Be a Healthy Endurance Athlete
10. How Much Water Do You Really Need to Drink Each Day
2013 Thailand Triathlon Adventure with Ben Greenfield – details at pacificfit.net.
Ask Ben Anything About Minimalist Triathlon Training – Saturday April 27, 6pm PDT. Go to BenGreenfieldFitness.com/innercircle to get your Spreecast access.
Essentials of Triathlon Workshop with Ben Greenfield – Saturday, May 18, 2013 in Fairfield, Connecticut. In this private clinic you’ll discover everything you need to know about how to maximize your triathlon success, including Ben’s top secrets, tips and tricks to save time, get the most bang-for-your-training buck, and ensure your body, health and hormones are optimized for endurance. Location: Fairfield, Connecticut.
– Hour 1: Essentials of Triathlon Fueling + Nutrition Q&A
– Hour 2: Essentials of Triathlon Training + Workout Q&A
Registration: Early bird (by May 1): $40, May 1-17: $50, At-Door Registration: $60. Reserve your spot now. Space is limited!
As compiled, edited and sometimes read by Brock, the Ben Greenfield Fitness Podcast “sidekick”.
Anne asks @ 00:22:56
She is wondering if there could be any negative effects associated with second hand “smoke” from electronic cigarettes? Her boss smokes them around her all the time in enclosed areas.
Anonymous asks @ 00:28:17
Which sleeping position – back, side or stomach – is the best for rest and recovery for athletes?
James says @ 00:36:04
Recently came down with pneumonia which has killed his race season and has been warned to take it easy and give himself time to heal. He has finished a course of on antibiotics and then immediately started taking probiotics, oil of oregano and fish oil. His biggest issue right now is his lung capacity and shortness of breath. He wants to know what he can do to get healthy as quickly as possible.
~ This question is answered in part by a track from the iTunes album Ben Greenfield Fitness Top Hits, Vol. 1.
Julius asks @ 00:50:23
His nephew recently moved from Indiana to Beijing. Can you recommend what to do when you are an outdoor runner who lives in a highly polluted city like Beijing or Hong Kong?
~ In my response, I recommend Dr. Todd’s antioxidants talk at Superhuman Live event, the podcast episode How Your Cells Talk To Each Other, and LifeShotz.
David asks @ 01:04:34
He recently switched from Olive Oil to Coconut Oil for most of his cooking and is wondering how much he should be consuming. He is mixing about a tablespoon into his morning cappuccino – is that too much? He is also wondering about the smoke point. He has read that Olive and Coconut Oil have about the same smoke point. Is that true?
Jim asks @ 01:16:56
Ben talks about using supplements to maintain low blood sugar and promote liver health but are there any supplements that support the pancreas and help maintain healthy beta cells.