Have a podcast question for Ben? Click the tab on the right side of this page, call 1-877-209-9439, Skype “pacificfit” or (if you hate the sound of your own voice) scroll down to the “Ask Ben” form. Please don’t forget to give the podcast a comment/ranking in iTunes – it only takes a minute and it helps grow our healthy and fit community!
- Why most hotel gyms fail, via @samiinkinen.
- Stuff you probably didn’t know about thyroid testing (during this announcement, I mention the new WellnessFX for hormone testing).
- Great earthing/grounding video – this is why I sleep with Earthpulse every night.
Tunes Review Contest: Make us laugh! Leave the funniest, craziest (but clean) review on iTunes and win a 20 minute one-on-one consult with Ben!
Saturday, February 2, at 6pm PST – Coaching with Ben Greenfield. Ben is rolling out a new coaching program for folks who want to use the most cutting-edge training, nutrition, supplement and “biohacking” techniques that exist. It’s going to be pretty revolutionary stuff – basically allowing for huge results with very minimal time commitments. You can join Ben this Saturday at http://goo.gl/McL9M for a special video announcement that will go over the details. If you’re serious about coming on board, there will be a replay available (at that same link) which you’ll need to watch within one week of the video being released (after which all seats to the new coaching program will be closed for 2013.)
Top Health, Fitness & Diet Books of 2012: Ben read a LOT of health, fitness and nutrition books during 2012. As a matter of fact, he read an average of 6 books a month. Some were good, some were bad. Curious what he read? You can find out for free, and ask your questions LIVE.
Thursday, January 31, 12pm PST: Heat Prep For Cold Climate Athletes. In this webinar presentation, Ben Greenfield will teach you the science of the body’s physiological response to heat. You’ll learn how cold climate athletes who are non heat-acclimated can prepare for hot races via the research-proven use of body cooling gear, heat acclimation strategies, hydration strategies, dietary supplements, food choices and more. All USAT coaches are eligible for CEU’s from this course. Get in now.
Thursday, January 31: Join Ben for a LIVE Q&A on Jimmy Moore’s “Ask The Low Carb Experts“ to discuss low carb diets and performance. Tune in Thursday night at 4PST/7EST! Call 712-432-0900 or Skype freeconferencing. 7124320900. Use access code 848908.
Get featured on the podcast by creating your own MyList – here’s what to do (did I mention that it’s free?):
- Create your own “MyList” list that targets your passion in health, fitness or nutrition (gear, tools, supplements or anything else),
- Share your MyList right here by leaving a link to it in the comments section at the bottom of the page,
- I’ll choose the best list, and contact you for an interview about why you chose the items on your list.
Want to get lots of new customers in the health, fitness and nutrition industries? Sponsor Ben’s upcoming “Become Superhuman” Live Event? Full event sponsor details.
“Become Superhuman” Live Event With Ben Greenfield Coming To Spokane, WA, March 8 & 9, 2013 – Reserve your spot now! The video below tells you all about it and/or you can listen to this audio interview from the Wide World Of Health to learn more.
2013 training camps:
- February 22 to 28: Winter Triathlon Camp in Austin.
- March 2 to 8: Winter Triathlon Camp in Florida.
- April 5 to 7: Wildflower Camp.
- April 14: Vietnam Trip. The Laguna Lang Co Triathlon aims to build on the success of its sister event, the legendary Laguna Phuket Triathlon. Register for the race.
- Nov-Dec: Ben’s Annual Trip to Thailand (details TBA). Email [email protected] if you want in – it will fill up fast!
As compiled, edited and sometimes read by Brock, the Ben Greenfield Fitness Podcast “sidekick”.
Alex asks @ 00:27:47
What is the best way to use Bitter Melon in terms of dosage, usage and should take it by itself?
~ In my response, I refer to MPX100.
Allison asks @ 00:33:31
She began taking TianChi after hearing about it on the podcast in October of 2012 and took it pretty consistently until about the beginning of January 2013. After coming off it she has experienced unreal hormonal swings, PMS that is amplified, and two full periods this month separated by only a week. She’s wondering if something in the adaptogenic herbs may have caused her hormones to go haywire when I stopped taking them. She is currently trying to get pregnant so this weirdness is kind of putting a kink in the works. She’s been to an ob/gyn and had a pelvic exam and other tests and found nothing.
~ In my response, I refer to TianChi.
Anonymous asks @ 00:39:43
He is 38 years old and races 70.3s and yet he doesn’t have the libido he once had. He knows he isn’t 19 any more but still… he would like to try some natural remedies. He tried Vit D3 (life extension) and some Cod Liver Oil (nordic naturals) and the Horny Goat Weed extract (NOW). Are those good brands? Is there a more pure form to get Horny Goat Weed? Do you think it even works?
~ In my response I list:
2. Cold Showers
3. Any nitric oxide, citrulline or arginine blend, or dark chocolate/red wine.
4. Kamagra: www.FasterKam.com www.KamagraFast2.com
5. Heavy Lifting and/or Sprinting + Avoiding Chronic Cardio
6. The right bike seat.
7. Avoid porn.
8. Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy with a compounded pharmacist, particularly using the www.thewileyprotocol.com OR liposomal progesterone for women.
9. Avoid large meals
10. Herbal blends: RenewMale stacked with TianChi.
Eric asks @ 01:01:32
Is wondering about Finasteride (or Propecia). What happens to the testosterone that is left? Does it mean that he has more testosterone in his body? Should he be worried about it converting to estrogen?
Carlos asks @ 01:08:15
He is experiencing bad allergies this year from pollen. Is wondering if you have any recommendations for natural products or vitamins that will help with allergies.
Jason asks @ 01:15:23
Is using the Little Method of interval training on the treadmill. After he does the interval training he likes to do some sustained cardio training. Is that going to negate the afterburn effect that interval session is giving him?