5 Ways To Suppress Your Appetite Without Taking Any Special Pills or Capsules

What do you think? Do you have other ways to reduce appetite cravings or other foods that suppress the appetite? Leave them in a comment below, along with any questions you have about reducing appetite cravings.

24 Responses to “5 Ways To Suppress Your Appetite Without Taking Any Special Pills or Capsules”

1. Joce says:

What about seaweed?

• Seaweed isn't bad, especially the new dried salted nori strips – those are really good and nutritious. BUT not a lot of folks have them lying around. I was reaching with the miso, since it's not incredibly common either.

2. Jesse says:

I suppose this is a variation from water, but I drink larges cups of tea. No sugar little bit of milk. Fills me up and keeps my mind off my stomach. I always have a big cup of tea either before or after dinner so that I don’t feel like eating too much

• great idea, Jesse. I've been trying iced Teeccino lately, and like that too. You just brew Teeccino and put it over ice, with a splash of milk (I use almond milk).

3. Raminta says:

Eating protein and fat. For example, I will buy tuna fish in olive oil. I will add some healthy mayo to it (that I get from an organic store), and eat it. That can be very filling!!__

4. Samantha says:

I found that coffee and tea suppress my appetite, especially coffee. I have a huge appetite between breakfast and lunch, but if I have a coffee, I can easily go several hours without feeling hungry. (I should note that I do not add sugar to either so that keeps it low cal).

• Saowanee says:

Posted on Hey, I just found you and your brilliant video! Love to conecnt with you Can you @reply me on twitter? @laurahames. definitely called for action! Laura xo

5. Ziyal says:

I actually found Pu'er Tea v. useful in my path to losing weight. Not only does it suppress appetite, but it also flushes out the system (I usually do No. 2 once a day, but with Pu'er Tea it's mostly twice a day). Apparently it also balances cholesterol. I'm not one to try out weird teas usually, but I got Pu'er Tea as a gift, and I have found its benefits very beneficial and I continue to drink it today. Since it has caffeine, it's also a great coffee substitute, as it helps focus the mind, etc. At least this my experience with the tea (the gift was from China, so original/traditional Chinese Pu'er (in case there are weird western substitutes out there)). NOTE: Pu'er tea is not a quick-I-need-to-lose-10lbs-in-a-week thing.

• Ziyal says:

Also, it takes a few days to get used to the taste of Puer tea — I suggest making milder brews to start off (the first two 10-second brews are thrown out anyway). I tried to get my dad to drink it because he gets constipated, but it didn't taste good enough for him. I guess he enjoys spending one hour on the toilet, lol.

6. Aaron Bryer says:

An apple sliced up with a bit of low fat cottage cheese is good.

7. Kelcey says:

I love raw veggies with some hummus; baby carrots, broccoli stem hearts, red pepper slices, cauliflower, snap peas, etc. Sometimes I'll make a dip with Greek yogurt and herbs instead of the hummus.
    I also often eat an apple with a large spoonful of cottage cheese or just a few nuts to add some protein/healthy fat. Pistachios in the shell are nice since the shells force you to eat slowly and not eat handfuls of nuts. (I also read somewhere that they are one of the lower-fat nuts.) I also like to slice my apple into fairly thin slices rather than just eating it whole, for some reason it seems to last longer and feels more like snacking that way.
    Occasionally, if I'm really having a chocolate or sugar craving I'll mix a couple teaspoons of organic raw cocoa powder with a bit of stevia and hot water for "hot chocolate."

8. Pete says:

It sounds a little weird, but brushing your teeth soon after your last meal can also help reduce food cravings.

9. Eric says:

Living in the Mexican food capital of the world, gotta add cucumber slices sprinkled with salt and fresh-squeezed lime juice to the list. Same concept as pickles, but fresh, light and yummy.

• Ana says:

Yeah, Eric, I agree. Have you ever tried a little Louisiana Hot sauce on them with the salt and lime juice. Tastes great and I think the intense flavor helps stave off hunger.

10. Jeff Hoening says:

Great tips, Ben. Must be great living in WA with amazing apples all around you. I've found organic hardboiled eggs kept in the fridge do great curbing appetite.

11. [...] 5 Ways To Suppress Your Appetite Without Taking Any Special Pills or Capsules [...]

12. Darrell says:

I never thought about pickles as an appetite suppressant. My wife just bought a huge jar of pickles, and I made fun of her. Now, I'll be begging to have some of those pickles when I need a snack. Thanks, Ben.

13. [...] 5 ways to suppress your appetite without taking any special pills or capsules [...]

14. [...] 5 Ways To Suppress Your Appetite Without Taking Any Special Pills or Capsules (video) [...]

15. Pbilna says:

A delicious tea like Pomegrante (no sugar added) has helped me.

16. [...]  5 Ways To Suppress Your Appetite Without Taking Any Special Pills or Capsules [...]

17. chad says:

No idea why, but videos are completely unwatchable — constant freezing.